Thursday, June 30, 2011

2 Weeks Old!

I took Ellie to the doctor this morning for her 2 week check up.  She weighed in at 9 pound 13 ounces and was 21 3/4 inches long.  It's crazy how much she is already growing.  When we last took her to the doctor on the 17th she was 8 pounds 4 ounces, so she is really taking off! 
We have been so blessed with all the family and friends that have helped us out in the past 2 weeks.  We have had meals provided almost everyday since Ellie was born.  We have received beautiful gifts from our friends and neighbors.  Mostly we have really appreciated both of our moms taking care of the big kids so Jay can work and I can recover. 
We have been taking pictures of Ellie everyday so we don't forget how little and sweet she was at this age.  She continues to be a great baby.  She loves to be held and I'm sure she is getting spoiled.  She always has her brother and sister at her side ready to give her whatever she needs.  When she is a sleepy girl, I often lay her unwrapped in her crib to get her to wake up.  She had started crying and before I could pick her up both kids were in her room telling her it was going to be okay.  We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

she is so cute Megan! I'm so glad I FINALLY got to meet her today! And seriously, if you need ANYTHING, do not hesitate to ask!!