I'm shocked that I actually have a minute to make a blog post! Jay is outside with Ben playing bubbles and Hannah is getting dressed for the day while Ellie is asleep in her seat. If only it could be this easy every morning...HA!
![]() |
| Before the pitocin started....obviously because I'm still smiling! |
Jay and I went to the hospital on Monday night around 10pm to get ready for the induction on Tuesday morning. I was very nervous because I wasn't really sure what to expect. By the time we arrived and filled out all the paperwork, it was close to midnight so the only thing left to do was sleep. Sleep wasn't coming easily for me...I was having contractions, back pain, and anxiety about the next day. The doctor came to visit at 7am. I had already progressed on my own, so he broke my water and the waiting game started. By 9am, Jay had convinced me to get the epidural, and by noon it was time for Ellie to make her appearance.
![]() |
| The ultrasound was pretty spot on last week! |
Ellie arrived at 12:27pm weighing in at 8lbs 12oz and 21 inches long. It was love at first sight. As soon as I saw her face I knew that God knew what he was doing when he decided she was the missing piece in our family's puzzle.
![]() |
| Our wonderful doctor with Ellie |
Our first impressions of our little princess was that she looks just like her big sister! She has darker hair than Hannah did, but their faces are almost identical. She can get feisty like her big brother too!
![]() |
| Ben and Ellie |
Ben is beyond in love with his baby sister. He could not wait to hold her and kiss her when he arrived at the hospital. He told everyone that he was at baby Ellie's house. He has done wonderful with her at home as well. While he's in his normal run around the house play mode, he will stop and say, "hi baby!" His only concern so far has been about the "bug" that is on Ellie's belly button!
![]() |
| Hannah and Ellie |
Hannah could not be happier about being a big sister again. She wrote me a letter that said, "To Mommy, I am so happy about our new baby. She is beautiful and she looks like me. Love, Hannah" She is already a huge helper. Her only concern has been that the baby sleeps too much! She's ready for her to want to play.
![]() |
| Ellie before leaving the hospital |
Ellie is adjusting well to being at home. When she is awake, she loves to look around and take in everything. She is eating and sleeping well so far, so hopefully that will continue.
![]() |
| Hannah before leaving the hospital |
We brought Ellie home from the hospital in the same green dress we brought Hannah home in. Hannah was really excited that Ellie was getting to wear some of her old clothes!
![]() |
| 4 days old! |
We are trying to soak up every moment of this sweet newborn stage because we know it won't be long before Ellie is chasing after Ben and Hannah around the house.
![]() |
| Such a sweet face! |
In other big news, our house went under contract on Monday evening. As we were preparing to leave for the hospital Jay was faxing papers to the realtor to accept the buyer's offer. If everything goes according to plan, we will have to be out of our house by July 22nd. Jay is off today to find our next dream house to raise these beautiful kids! I can't wait until everyone has their own room and we aren't all waking up at the same time every day!!
3 comments:
So sweet, we can't wait to see her again.
Love all of you,
Gigi and Papa
I hate that we didn't get to meet that sweet Ellie before we left! I'm so glad that you are all doing well & we can't wait to meet her as soon as we get back!!
Good job, Megan! And I'm glad your house is under contract also.
-Daniel S
Post a Comment