Monday, August 01, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!!

Today was Hannah's first day of school!  She was so excited when she woke up this morning.  The whole family went to drop her off for her big day.  Ben thought we were going to leave him too and wasn't a happy camper.
He did help her carry in her rest mat and he made sure she had her lunchbox before we left the house.  Ellie, as usual, slept through the entire event which worked out great. 

Mom and Dad both did great with no tears!  I got it all out last night :)  Ellie wasn't herself last night and had a really hard time falling asleep.  I didn't mind rocking her though because it feels like just yesterday I was rocking my other baby girl.  I have to take in all of Ellie's sweet baby moments because I know we'll blink and she'll be off to kindergarten.

Hannah and her best buddy Jordan are in the same class again this year, so she was really excited to see him this morning.  I think it made her feel very comfortable knowing that he was going to be there.  When I picked her up this afternoon, the only thing either one would talk about was recess!

Hannah made a special project for her first day, and she colored a school bus. (which Ben was very excited about!)
Ben had his eye doctor appointment this morning.  He has been doing a funny blinking thing since the beginning of the summer, so the pediatrician wanted him to be seen.  Luckily he doesn't need glasses, and the doctor thinks it is probably allergy related.  We will have to give him prescription eye drops for the next month, and hopefully we will see some improvement.  It's been a long day and I'm exhausted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Hannah had a great first day at Kindergarten. We are so proud of her! Love, Nana and Pops

Anonymous said...

It sounds like everyone survived Hannah's first day of kindergarten!
I know Hannah is going to love going to big school. We are proud of all of you(no tears)! They grow up so fast!!
Love you all,
Gigi