Tuesday, June 07, 2011
Day 2 of Swim Lessons
I signed Hannah up for swim lessons this week. The woman I chose to teach her comes highly recommended, but also comes with a warning.....she is very strict and she doesn't take any nonsense. Within the first 2 minutes of lesson one she told the kids, "If you are crying, you will be the first to go into the deep end and swim across." I had to turn my head so Hannah wouldn't see me laughing. Although she is very firm, she gets the job done. By the end of lesson 1, Hannah was swimming across the deep end. By the end of lesson 2, Hannah jumped off the diving board! Jay and I both decided that as long as she walks away knowing how to swim, we are okay with whatever the teacher throws at her. She has done wonderful! She hasn't cried (I didn't really expect her to), and she hasn't tried to escape (several kids tried to escape on day 1). She has followed all directions, even when she didn't like what she was being told to do. I love how much confidence she is building by learning to swim. We are so very proud of her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Megan - so glad the lessons are going well! Can't wait to hear all about it! I may need her number!
Great job, Hannah! We are so proud of you!
Love you,
Gigi and Papa
Post a Comment